Sunday, May 25, 2008

Click It or Ticket Time Again

Once more, it is click it or ticket time when our law enforcement professionals write expensive tickets to “encourage” us to use safety belts. I’m sure the extra revenue for the state is just an added benefit.

So why would I get a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt while seated inside a truck weighing a ton and some yahoo on a crotch rocket without a helmet OR a seatbelt is ticket free? Where is the sense in THAT? If this is all about public safety, shouldn’t there be mandatory helmets and safety equipment worn by motorcyclists? It almost seems as if this is not about public safety at all.

Since motorcycle riders have the right to be dumbasses and not wear helmets, I believe I should have the same right to refrain from buckling up if I don’t happen to feel like it. I hate the nanny state.

No comments: